Who is ready for some breakfast? My English Muffin Egg Breakfast Sandwiches are a convenient make-ahead meal for your family. Make-ahead sandwiches are always a good idea for any family that is on the go! Breakfast, in our little homeschool, is the most important part of our day. If my kids do not eat a well-balanced meal, filling their tummies full of good protein and carbs, they stay in the kitchen all day begging for food.
Making these ahead and popping them in the freezer also makes them a handy and healthy grab and go breakfast. After you have baked the sandwiches allow them to cool. Individually wrap sandwiches in aluminum foil and place them in a freezer bag. When you are ready to grab your sandwich from the freezer, remove the tin foil and wrap the sandwich in a paper towel, pop it in your microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until desired warmth.
6 English muffins
9 eggs, scrambled
6 slices of ham
1-2 cups of shredded SHARP cheddar
4 tablespoons cooked bacon, crumbled
2 tablespoons melted butter
Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Separate English muffins and place the bottom half in a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
3. Spread scrambled eggs over muffin bottoms, followed by the ham, cheese and bacon.
4. Place the remaining English muffins on top.
5. Brush muffins with melted butter.
6. Top with freshly cracked pepper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
These perfectly moist Healthy Homemade Blueberry Muffins are a fun way to bring smiles to your breakfast table. This recipe is my healthy way to serve a less fattening, calorie-rich breakfast to my kiddos. What I love about this recipe is you can use fresh or frozen blueberries or feel free to use other fruit instead like blackberries!
A fun alternative to this recipe is adding a few drops of Lemon essential oil. The added lemon oil gives them that lemony zest and makes them even healthier. I make sure to drink lemon oil in my water daily to detox my body and create an alkaline PH. It is so important for us all to create an alkaline PH in our body because cancer can grow in a body that has an acidic PH, not an Alkaline PH. Lemon oil is the easiest way to achieve alkalinity.
If you have leftover muffins simply put them on a cookie sheet and place it in your freezer for about 30 minutes. Take them out and put them in a freezer bag and store in your freezer. You can take them out and wrap a paper towel around them and set it to defrost for a few seconds in the microwave. How is that for a healthy, quick breakfast or a tasty treat anytime you want!
For Blueberry Muffins:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
1/3 cup Milk
2 large eggs
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries-fresh or frozen(thawed
1–2 tablespoon flour
sugar for sprinkling
3 drops of Certified Organic Lemon essential oil (I use Revive Organic essential oils) or Lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees and spray your muffin pan with cooking spray or use paper liners.
2. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and granulated sugar and then add the yogurt, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the essential oil or lemon extract here as well.
4. Using a wooden spoon, fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together being sure not to mix it too much.
5. In a small bowl sprinkle blueberries with 1-2 tablespoon flour and toss them until all blueberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then fold them really gently in the batter.
6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 of each cup. Sprinkle the blueberries generously with granulated sugar.
7. Place them in the oven and bake about 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.
Sometimes, life gets busy and stressful it can be tempting to fall back on bad habits such as eating unhealthy, highly processed, convenience foods. Boiled eggs are always my go-to breakfast when I'm looking to plan healthy, protein-packed morning meals. It is fast to prepare and cook, and there are only two pots to clean up!
1 cup of water
Place a trivet in the bottom of the pot.
Add 1 cup of water.
Add 12 eggs onto the trivet.
Close the lid on the Instant Pot and set the pressure release valve to SEALING.
Cook using the Manual setting for 5 minutes. This will give you a soft middle.
When the timer goes off, release the pressure, fill a bowl with ice water, and place the eggs in the bowl to stop the cooking process. Peel the eggs and place them in an air-tight container in your refrigerator and enjoy!
I'm a former high school teacher now homemaker and Principal of Soaring Pine Private Academy. I am so very thankful for each day that God blesses me with my sweet family. I hope you enjoy my blog where I'm happy to share our homeschool journey from our home nestled in the woods, recipes and more!