If you are searching for a kid-friendly fish and creamy pasta dinner with hidden greens that your kids will love, then taste the deliciousness. My kids love pasta and Mommy wants them to have plenty of protein and greens too! So, here is a recipe that keeps us both happy. Pasta is a go-to around our kitchen my kids would eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner, every day, but I love my greens so there needs to be a little balance! This simple yet impressive, Baked Salmon and Creamy Parmesan Sauce with Pasta and Kale is a favorite in our household, however, because I like to limit my carbs I keep the pasta separate and only add it to the kid's portion. This is such a quick and easy dinner that will amaze you. So delicious, easy to make for your family, and can be made ahead! Simply pop the salmon in the oven to bake the day before you plan to serve it, and it is ready for you to add to the warm creamy sauce all in under 30 minutes.
Here are the ingredients:
1 lb. salmon skinless and boneless
1 lb package of uncooked pasta I use angel hair for the kiddos
3 tbsp. butter
1 medium onion chopped
kale (1 package of pre-washed kale, or a big bunch)
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
2 garlic cloves minced
salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2. Place salmon on cookie sheet drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle each filet with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature of the salmon reaches 145 degrees.
4. Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, sauté the onion in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the kale and cook it for 1-2 minutes, until wilted.
6. Add the heavy cream, Parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring to a simmer on low heat.
7. Just before serving add salmon. Stir together and serve (adding the pasta on the kids plates first and mix on their plates.
8. Garnish with grated Parmesan.
I'm a former high school teacher now Stay-At-Home-Mom thankful for each day I get to spend with my little family. I'm a born and raised Georgia girl and I adore all things Southern! I hope you enjoy my blog where I'm happy to share our homeschool journey from our house nestled in the woods, recipes and more!